One of the most important things you do in spring as a homeowner is to prep your cooling system for the onslaught of heat and humidity. Hilton Head, SC, is beautiful in summer, especially on the water, but you need your home to be a cool and comfortable oasis. Here are three tips that will ensure a steady chill:
1. Consider an AC Upgrade
Is your air conditioner 10-15 years old? Does it fall a bit short when it comes to comfort? Does it hog energy? Has it needed a few too many repairs? Has it received less-than-perfect maintenance? If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be time for an air conditioner replacement. Most HVAC contractors will provide a home cooling system assessment at no charge so you can learn about all your options.
2. Call for Air Conditioner Maintenance
For optimal cooling, annual AC maintenance is absolutely essential. Here’s why:
- Maintenance prevents up to 95 percent of unexpected breakdowns and potential AC repairs.
- It lengthens the lifespan of the unit.
- Maintenance saves on energy costs.
- It improves indoor air quality.
- It maximizes indoor comfort.
- Maintenance keeps your warranties valid.
3. Get Your Ductwork Inspected
Ducts should be inspected every several years. Dirt and debris in ductwork can block airflow, cause unnecessary wear and tear on your air conditioner, pollute the air in your Hilton Head home and take years off the life of your system. Leaky ducts can cost you 20 percent more on utility bills.
To learn how a service plan can save you money on maintenance, schedule a ductwork inspection or make an appointment for a cooling system assessment, visit Farmer’s Heating and Air Conditioning or call (843) 508-9779